Monday, November 10, 2008

November 9, 2008 - BM Mountaincross 2008

Kian Lee wrote......

BM Mountain Cross 2008 killed me......

8am flag off and go for around 10km of on-road riding. Due to I, Kheong and Chong not in the front group, so when entering the off-road climb its totally congested and not rideable at all. And we are forced to step down from the bike and push. We almost spent 1 hour plus on the push and standing there, really boring..... like Kevin said, Jamboree = Jamboring...

After that jam section, we heading to Mengkuang dam, very nice view from there, met Khoon and BMC Kiat there they come all the way from SP. Go through the side of Mengkuang dam, saw Derek from SP rest at the entrance of the off-road, before I and Kheong pursuit the off-road, we take few bites of cheese and hydration salt, the off-road is full of root, which I am unable to handle and almost fall, end up repeat the push and ride.

When the time I arrived CP1, its 12pm. Hot sun greet to me. I'd finish around 2L of water during the CP1, so its time for me to re-fill water, ate 2 bananas, and take another 2 bananas for standby, cold down my body temperature by pouring water on my head. Then I and Kheong proceed to CP2, while Chong is rest and refill at CP1. During the CP2, I am totally exhausted and unable to climb at all, so I step down and push again, while Kheong keep on going. And some section of CP2 is really steep and not rideable, luckily got crew to give a hand to all the riders to overcome the difficulty.

I reached CP2 at 1.30pm, met Alan, BB and Dave from LP there, they are crew for this event. Rest at CP2 and ate the last 2 bananas and pouring water on my head to cold down the body temperature again and struggle whether should I proceed to CP3 or quit and getting from there via chicken route. Luckily Dave came over and brief me the CP3 route, according to Dave it all rideable so I take up the challenge and proceed.

I am able to ride for around 15 mins then starting exhausted again. I keep on repeat the walk, ride, walk, ride and get over a steep uphill by walk. Then I saw a single track downhill, slide all the way down with moderate speed, during that time I am really exhausted and not really enjoy the downhill, but I have to very careful to avoid any exception. I reached another steep uphill again fortunate that it is the last as I saw the starting point from the top, then slide down to meeting Kheong and Chong, since I completed all the CP, received a paper weight souvenir from KT's Robert. Have a few bites of quick meal there, drink ice cold water, pour ice cold water over my head. Load the dirty bike that full of mud into car, change clothes. Then we head to Look Yuen for a proper lunch. When the time I reached home, its 5pm.



1 comments:

koosh2 said...

bravo! congrats on finished the trail, salute! :D