Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16, 2008 - Rear tire puncture....

Went to Carpet with CK at 6pm...
Clocked a good time of 42 minutes to reach the field, while rest, CK found a 2 inches plant lay on my tire, CK try to remove it.... whos know, after removed, hear a pssshhhhh sound... OMG..... tire puncture, there is a 5mm thorn poke into my rear tire, we quickly get back the thorn and poke in back to the tiny hole, the air still leak but not that much.... we can't replace the tube, due to both of us not bring along any hand pump..... immediately we ride down while CK at my back to monitor the tire condition.... after 70% of the route, i can't continue anymore, tire almost flatten, and have to step down from the bike and walk the rest of the route to the nearest petrol station for tube changing.....

The lesson learn today is, even bring along a spare tube, tire lever, so what....
It is useless without bringing a hand pump..... :s

The first thing that that I and CK going to do when reach home is to mount the pump on the bike.......

3 comments:

SpiDerMeow™ said...

hahahaha....!!!! didnt bring pump LOL

Kian Lee said...

ya la... when bring pump, nothing happen, didn't bring pump tire punture....

Ben Soon said...

Your experience reminds me of a similar one I had. I usually have all the esential spares when I ride in the estates but this particular ride, I went in alone, without any spares, confident nothing will happen and IT Happen! Got a pucnture somewhere of nowhere. I wrote about the experience in my blog http://cyclingben.blogspot.com/2008/07/ride-trails-around-malacca.html